2nd DUI Offense
This is my second DUI offense in Las Vegas, what do I do?
If this is your second DUI, your first step should be to contact The Defenders so we can lead you in the right direction. Contacting The Defenders right away is extremely crucial for your case, especially if this is your second DUI within seven years. Having more than one DUI offense within seven years can lead to enhanced penalties for the defendant.
When you receive a second DUI within seven years of your first offense, you are going to face magnified restrictions and consequences. These restrictions are:
- A jail or house arrest sentence for 10 days to six months
- License revocation for one year without the possibility of receiving a restricted license
- Mandatory fines ranging from $750 to $1,000
- Possibility of court ordered substance abuse treatment or clinical supervision for one year
- Installation of a breath ignition interlock device for three years, if BAC exceeded 0.18 at time of the arrest. Payment for this device includes installation and monthly monitoring, all fees are paid by the defendant
What is considered driving under the influence?
In Nevada, drivers are evaluated on their blood alcohol concentration (BAC), which is the measure of alcohol within someone’s blood. This level must be above the legal limit to count as driving under the influence. The legal limits for Nevada drivers are:
- 02% for drivers under 21 years old
- 04% for commercial licensed drivers
- 08% for everyone else
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get a DUI charge cleared so it can be sealed?
When it comes to getting your DUI record sealed, it can take seven years before your criminal record can be cleared and sealed.
Las Vegas 2nd DUI Criminal Defense Attorney – The Defenders
Facing a second DUI charge can be an even more terrifying experience than your first DUI because the penalties are far greater. The Defenders can provide you peace of mind while making sure the proper steps are taken to have your charges dismissed or reduced.
It is important that you contact The Defenders immediately so we can start creating an aggressive defense for your case. The Defenders delivers an honest and straightforward response to your charges while providing you personable and communicative involvement throughout the duration of your case. We’re aggressive when we need to be, compassionate when it counts, and always dedicated to your success. That’s what makes us The Defenders, a proud branch of the Richard Harris Law Firm.
We have the experience and knowledge you need to make sure you get the best judgment for your case. We are available day and night to start the process. Simply fill out our Contact Us form or call us at 702.333.3333. You don’t have to go through this alone. Call us today!