A DUI in Nevada can have a serious impact on your life and your driving privileges. A first DUI offense is punished less harshly than subsequent offenses, and DUI charges that resulted in the injury or death of another person have the most substantial penalties. Regardless of which offense it is, a DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life.
What Will Happen If I Am Found Guilty Of DUI?
- Expensive fines
- Completion of a DUI program
- MADD lecture
- Alcohol dependency evaluation
- Driver’s license suspension
- Installation of a breathalyzer in your car
How Can I Fight A DUI Charge?
Many people automatically assume that because they were arrested for a DUI, that law enforcement already has enough evidence for the defendant to be found guilty of driving under the influence. However, there are many ways to defend against drunk driving charges and the first step is to hire an aggressive lawyer who will vigorously investigate every aspect of the case. The Defenders have extensive experience defending DUI cases and have a variety of strategies that have been proven in court to reduce or eliminate DUI charges:
- Investigation of the breathalyzer used during the arrest to determine whether it was functioning properly and has received consistent and proper maintenance
- Analysis of the circumstances surrounding the arrest
- Analysis of the blood test results and reanalyzing the samples to confirm the results are consistent
In DUI cases, there is a wide margin for error by law enforcement officials and medical personnel handling your case. Standard protocol must be followed during a DUI arrest, and if the law enforcement officer who arrested you did not adhere to the protocol, you could have a solid defense. The Defenders know what questions to ask and what evidence to look for to give you the best chance of being found “not guilty” in court. Call us to discuss your case today.